Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Christmas already!!!

Hey Mom & Dad!!! I’m not sending you a long e-mail because we will be talking on Saturday. I am not in my other area yet, I am still here in a threesome with Elders Lowther and Jensen till next Tuesday when I move in with Elder Hayden. Then we will be back to weekly e-mails. We will be with the Adams family at one o’clock on Christmas day. We will probably be having several dinners that day and go around showing Luke 2 to everyone.
I wanted to say how I have really learned a lot about how the Church works and everything since we work with so many bishoprics. My p-day is still Monday. I am happy to finish in Spanish just as I started. I just love Spanish and I want to continue to master it and use when I get home. Things are going well here in our area. Three baptisms last week including Stephanie Nelson on Saturday and Byanna from Taiwan on Sunday. The Spirit was there and they got to bear their testimonies afterwards which is always awesome to hear new converts bear their testimonies. Things are slowing a little though as students are leaving for Christmas break and we only taught 37 lessons last week. So we’ve been out and about getting new investigators to teach and we have a new one to teach tomorrow. We are happy to teach people about the true meaning of Christmas and I know there are people whose minds and thoughts are turned towards the Savior and we need to bring the restored gospel into their lives. We are getting ready for the new missionaries coming in on Tuesday and get the transfer calls done and the transfer van schedule all done. What a wonderful time of the year. We have been having really bad weather here in St.George. It’s been raining for a week straight. I have never seen weather like this in St.George, but we are still going to play soccer tomorrow morning. I am really looking forward to hearing your voices on Saturday. Love you for all you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment