Monday, March 23, 2009

The Church is True - Go on a Mission!!!

Hello Mom and Dad! First off, I love you both very much!
I did say Bye to Elder Macpherson. I saw him the mourning he left. We took some pictures that I suspect will be on his blog soon. I did not have my camera with me so I couldn't take any.
Friday I went to the Temple trip. We did the whole tour of Temple square and I did it with fellow Canadians! I was so much fun. I stayed with Elder Henwood, he is a great guy from Nova Scotia. We saw a lot that we didn't get to see as a family so we are going to have to go back together. I took some good pictures but Elder Henwood wasn't really taking the kind of pictures I wanted but that is okay. I will print them out on a CD in the bookstore. That is pretty much all I have to say about that. I miss playing hockey soo much I am stuck playing Basketball now. However, I am getting alright at basketball, I thought I'd never live to see the day. You can tell El Presidente Kaufman I use that good ol' bank shot. Please thank the Glowas and Blakemores and Everyone for their support! I don't have time to reply to them but I really appreciate everything! It really motivates me and boosts me up. I am so glad to hear my friends are preparing for missions! Good job guys! Best decision you will ever make up until this point! I hope Chris's wisdom teeth didn't hurt too much! It is worth it to get them out though. Tell them to come on Missions, every last one of them! they will love it here! They will love their experiences here. Just ask Jonathan, he'll tell you! I love them all and wish them the best! read PMG and the BOM and they will be so ahead here! They will fly through the MTC like nothing. I want to say Hi to all my Family!! Hi everyone I miss you all!! I think of all my aunts and Uncles and Cousins and Grand parents! I love you all! I am doing great here! I am closer to the God that made me then ever before! He loves each and every one of us. We are all children of a Heavenly Father. I know that he has given us families to be happy because you all make me so happy! I can't wait to see you again! God is truly blessing me here, I know that! Serving the Lord is the best thing you can do! keep safe! I have all of you in my prayers! I am here because there is no better place for me to be right now. The gospel is restored and Christ's original church is here on the earth once more! A foundation of Prophets and Apostles, just like Moses and Abraham, Peter, James, and John. What wonderful knews that I carry to the world! This Church is true! God's will for us is known! What a wonderful time to be on the earth in these days when the fullness of the gospel has been restored. The Book of Mormon is Proof of this, It draws men closer to God. It contains, as does the Bible, the gospel of Jesus Christ in its fulness!That is my testimony! Guess who came to our fireside on Tuesday? Elder L. Tom Perry!! But I was so tired I kept falling asleep i was so mad! I did hear good things though he is really great! it is something to be in the same room as an apostle. Yesterday we watched the draper Temple dedication on the big screen in the gym. It was great as well! Loved it! I love temple dedications! Remember, by small and simple means...I love you! have a great day!Your one and only,Elder Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment