Monday, August 10, 2009

Week One in Lehi

Hey Parents,I know you had a ton of questions and Anik did to so I will try to answer as much as I can. Please tell Anik thank you!!! and I will respond to her e-mail in my next audio! I'll do my best with the time I have. There is just so much to say and I can't say it all right now but I will make an audio. I'm sorry but I didn't have any time last week to make one with the packing and everything. Thank you for sending me the stuff I needed, I love you guys! What would I do without you! I hope you realize just how much you help me focus on the work and not have to worry about anything else! So answers: we took a van from St.George to Provo Tuesday at noon. Elder Patterson picked me up in Provo. I was with all other missionaries going to the training meeting or going to another area. There was like 8 of us in the van. The first day was great. Elder Patterson and I get along great. He has been out a transfer longer than me and we are anxious towork hard. The area was not in very good shape when I got here. The area books were not up to date and things like that but we will change that! We are going to turn this area around! I feel more like a leader in the companionship, which is good for me. We work together and have the same desires to see miracles! I just want you to know that I love working hard and more importantly effectively. We went through the area books and organized everything. We have some good investigators (we put one on date yesterday YES!!!!!!!!) but we will get more! We have great ward mission leaders that help so much! Like, I just can't see why we would not have extreme success in this area. The only reason this area has not been booming is because of previous missionaries' lack of effort. Well that will not happen with Elder Carpenter! I have been truly blest with the gift of tongues but I still need to get better, yesterday this family told me they were shocked I barely had an accent!!! What a compliment. I hope the Lord heard that because I am the spanish tool in his hands. Elder Patterson's spanish is pretty good too. I don't know the address of where I am but I will get that! We live with a family of members that are so nice. Our appartment is super nice (well it is just the basement) it just needs a good cleaning. Yes mom, cleanliness is next to Godliness. I have kept that mentality all through my mission and I will continue to do so. I've learned how to clean and I love it! Anik and I are going to have the cleanest house haha! We cover the Lehi 38th spanish ward, the Saratoga Springs 6th ward, and the Cedar Pass 13th ward. Tell Mason Payne to come see me speak in the Saratoga Springs 6th Ward on the 13 of september at 11 am! That would be awesome! Okay I'm hungry and gotta go! I love you soooooooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment